Our Discord Server is Now Open: https://discord.gg/An26dB3WBP
From 9:00 PM EDT on August 13th to 9:00AM EDT on August 15th, join us at ULHacks, a 36-hour virtual hackathon where you'll have the opportunity to create a project that empowers learning. All high school and university students are welcome, regardless of your skill level!
We believe that learning is an invaluable skill. No matter your career or your field, the rapid innovation over the past few decades have demonstrated the need to adapt your skills to ever-changing technology—or they risk falling obsolete.
The secret to evolving your skills for the modern age lies in perfecting the foundational skill of learning, which has never been more crucial to a successful future.
Luckily, technology has made learning more accessible than ever. It has empowered people to create and share tools and projects that empower others to learn a subject more quickly and effectively. At ULHacks, we want you to leverage today’s technologies to create these projects: projects that empower learning.
Join our Discord Server to complete your registration: https://discord.gg/An26dB3WBP
For more information about ULHacks, visit our website at https://ulhacks.com
Feel free to follow us at Instagram at https://instagram.com/ulhacks (we're hosting a $25 Giftcard Giveaway, visit our Instagram for more details!)
$CAD15,800 in prizes
1st Place Prize
- $250 DigitalOcean credits for each member of the winning team
- 1 Huawei Watch Fit for each member of the winning team
2nd Place Prize
- $125 DigitalOcean credits for each member of the winning team
- 3 pieces of ELEGOO Owl Smart Robotic Car Kit & 2 Pieces of ELEGOO Arduino UNO basic Starter Kit
3rd Place Prize
- $100 DigitalOcean credits for each member of the winning team
- EdTech Bundles for each member of the winning team
Top 6 (6)
- Each team member from the top 6 projects will each recieve a Wolfram Award—a year of Wolfram|One Personal Edition plus a one-year subscription to Wolfram|Alpha Pro
Best High School Hack
- A guaranteed spot at Hack the North 2021 for each member of the winning team
- $25 AoPS coupon for each member of the winning team
- A year of Wolfram|One Personal Edition + a one-year subscription to Wolfram|Alpha Pro for each member of the winning team
Note: To qualify for the Best High School Hack, your team must consist of only high school hackers (including Class of 2021 graduates)
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
In order to be eligible for prizes, you must submit your project to Devpost and your submission must contain all of the following elements:
- Your project must relate to the theme of "empowering learning"
3 to 5 minutes long
Should include an explanation of your project:
- What problem does it solve?
- How does your project solve this problem?
- How does it work? (make sure to demo the functionality)
- Keep the judging criteria in mind when you make your video
Must be publicly accessible
Optimally hosted on a public Git repository (e.g. GitHub, GitLab)
Founder | Project manager, MightySAP LLC
Lead Software Engineer at Rubius
Lead Product Designer @ Circa
Senior Data Engineer at Sber
Developer at DataArt
Software Engineer, Akma
Senior Java Developer at Sber
Senior Software Engineer at a Zillion Whales
DevOps Engineer at InCountry Inc.
MS Data Science graduate at Columbia University
Software Development Engineer in Test, airSlate
Senior Python Developer
Senior Data Engineer at Inno.tech
How original is the idea? How useful is the idea for its target audience? How thought out is the idea? Could this idea work in a real-world use case?
Presentation & Functionality
How clearly is the project’s functionality explained in the submission (video + Devpost)? How clearly is the project’s functionality demonstrated in the submitted video?
How visually appealing is the user interface? How easy to understand/use is the user interface?
Was the hack actually implemented (versus just being a design)? How technically impressive/complex was the hack?